Monday, November 28, 2011

Revival in Dandun! - The False Alarm (Part 2)


It was around 3am when the hotel's alarm system went berserk, lights off, air-condition off, emergency light on! I glanced at James. He was still sleeping soundly. I hear no yelling or sounds of footsteps running outside.

 "Is this some kind of fire drill? If it is, then aren't we suppose to RUN and do some headcount outside the hotel compound? Or maybe it's a real one??"

I decided to check the hallway. I opened the door and peeked out. Desonny, Darrel, Cheryl ,Elaine - not there! They could have been burned alive already if the hotel is really on fire! There was not even a soul! I walked through the end of the hallway window and was looking outside for some clue of what had actually happened. I was still thinking if i should wake them up. Then, i saw a man slowly coming out from the building opposite the hotel. I think he was just as clueless as i was that time. No smoke, no fire, no people  yelling frantically for help..nothing! So i guess it was just a false alarm. Ah, wasted my few precious minutes. I went back to my room and not long after that the electricity power came back! I had another 3 hours of sleep before we had to go to Pitas! I was back on the dreamland again.

(Continue here -> Part 3)

No comments: